pregnancy

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Crib!

Remember back to the day that I got a crib at a garage sale?? Well, I've done some research on it. There was a sticky note on it the day that we bought it saying that it had been recalled but the all the pieces were in working order. I found out what company the crib was from and emailed them a couple of time. I couldn't find the specific crib number on any recall list and the company themselves said that they never had a recall. SOOOOO. We put it together and it seems really sturdy and safe! Hooray! It is also HUGE! I don't know if all cribs are that big, but it's pretty big!

Next fun story. So we Nathan and I got married Nathan got tool gifts from the menfolk of the family. I think he got some duplicates so he took them back and got gift cards instead. Well we've had these cards for almost two years when I thought of the perfect way to use them!

It has a nice little drawer and a changing pad with a strap. And my grand total? $3.63. HOORAY!!!! So far we've spent $28.63 on a crib, a glider/footrest, and a changing table. Aren't we so thrifty?



3 comments:

  1. Very thrifty!! And I am so glad you checked about the recall. I was very worried about putting our precious grand daughter in a recalled crib. So you are not only thrifty but wise as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that changing table :) It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete