pregnancy

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 30!

Wow! Only 10 weeks left to go! How crazy!!! The good news of the week is that... I PASSED! Passed what, you say? Well, Last week I had to get take a screening test for Gestational Diabetes. They make you drink this stuff and an hour later they take your blood. Then they check the sugar levels to see how your body handles sugar. Well, They want you below 140 and I was at 147. So that meant that I needed to have a 3 hour GD test. (BOO!) So I went and took that on Monday. You come in fasting, at 8:30 in the morning..., and they draw your blood. Then you drink the drink and they draw your blood once every hour. Well I just called the doctors and they said I passed! That means that from the time I drank the drink my blood sugar went down enough every hour. Hooray! Phew, that's good news!

Not a lot else has happened in the past week. We took down the crib since we aren't going to actually use it in the month before we leave and now we have LOTS more room in our computer room. I've been working on making hair flowers. Some of them have really worked out well, and some of them....well....haven't. Let's just say I'm not the best flower shape cutter outer...

We got a magazine in the mail the other day from Target saying that if we registered with them that they would give a $20 gift card. Who says no to $20? Not us! So we are going to do that today. I'm excited, Nathan a little less so :)

Here's yesterdays picture:
I'm starting to be ready to have baby Salt out! I enjoy her inside and all...but sometimes the kicking is a little intense. Plus the difficulty breathing and the ever growing stretch marks. I can't wait to hold her!

2 comments:

  1. umm. you have a baby inside your body.
    that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please bring that baby here...STAT! Well, keep her cooking for a little while, but then, STAT!

    ReplyDelete